Save the Date
The Eparchy of Saint Maron Celebrates Fifty Years of the Presence of a Maronite Bishop on October 7, 2016. Click Here for Details
Highlights of the Seventh Annual Benefit Dinner in Manhattan For the Eparchy of Saint Maron
Over 170 people gathered on May 3 at the New York Athletic Club for the Seventh Annual Benefit Dinner for the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn. It was a memorable evening, honoring Jeannette Abi Habib and Nohade Boorady, and commemorating the Eparchy’s 50th Anniversary. Highlights of the evening included:
- The honoring of all mothers, especially the two honorees, with tributes from family members and presentations of gifts by Bishop Gregory Mansour and Bishop Emeritus Robert Shaheen from the Eparchy of Our Lady of Lebanon of Los Angeles.
- The presence of His Excellency Archbishop Bernardito Auza, Apostolic Nuncio and Permanent Observer of the Holy See at the United Nations, priests from the Apostolic Nunciature to the United Nations, and Latin and Maronite priests from the area.
- All mothers received a special gift from Bishop Gregory: a porcelain rose.
- All attendees received a beautiful icon to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Eparchy, that featured the image of Saint Maron as depicted at the Maronite Chapel at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC.
- Parishioners from all three New York area Maronite parishes – Pope Saint John Paul II Mission in Sleepy Hollow, Our Lady of Lebanon Cathedral in Brooklyn, and the Maronite Mission in Manhattan – attended, as well as several from New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Florida.
- The proceeds from the Benefit Dinner will be used to educate Seminarians, support poorer parishes and missions, and assist retired priests. The Eparchy is still accepting donations through May 31 for the Dinner. To make a donation, go to http://www.stmaron.org/donate.html, or mail a check to Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn, 109 Remsen Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
The Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn comprises 45 parishes, a Seminary, a Convent, a Monastery and Maronite faithful in 16 states located along the East Coast of the United States from Maine to Florida. It is directly under the jurisdiction of Pope Francis.
For Pictures of the Seventh Annual Benefit Dinner for the Eparchy of Saint Maron, Please Click Here
For Pictures of the Sixth Annual Benefit Dinner, Please Click Here
Schedule of the Visit of the Relics of Saint Sharbel to the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn: Click Here
Stopping Genocide & Other Atrocities Conference
New York - April 28-30, 2016
Defending religious freedom and other human rights:
Stopping mass atrocities against Christians and other believers
April 28 – 30, 2016
Click Here for Invitation and Schedule
Schedule of Bishop Gregory J. Mansour
May - June 2016
April - May 2016
March - April 2016
February - March 2016
January - February 2016
December 2015 - January 2016
November _December 2015
October _ November 2015
September - October 2015
July - August 2015
June - July 2015
April - May 2015
February - March 2015
January - February 2015
October - November 2014
November - December 2014
December 2014 - January 2015
Call for Registration
The Embassy of Lebanon in the United States is calling on the Lebanese community living in the US to participate in the upcoming parliamentary elections in 2013 and is hereby attaching the details of the registration process enabling the community to exercise its voting rights.
Click here to read the full text